Can you believe it? It’s the last day of 2014! Gosh, the days seem to go by more quickly now that I’m an adult. I would like to take this time to reflect upon the good and not-so-great moments of this year.
- I had to push back my graduation date AGAIN! God knows I can’t WAIT until I can finish my Masters in School Counseling. In the meantime, I have two more classes until I earn my certificate in Play Therapy.
- We were able to see REAL snow! The girls got to make a tiny snowman. 🙂
- I found out in May that I did not have enough students to continue teaching full day at my current job, and that I would be split between schools again. However, in August, I was informed that the district still had not placed me anywhere in the afternoons to teach (although I still get full pay…so that’s still GREAT news!).
- Madison struggled with weight gain so much in the beginning that I thought I would have to stop nursing. However, I was able to keep up after going back to work in January of this year, and now I’m trying to figure out how long it will be until she decides to wean herself! 🙂
- My hubby and I got out of our comfort zones and accepted the Gospel Challenge on Facebook. Here’s a video clip of us singing a portion of one of our favorite gospel songs!
- My oldest and middle daughters participated in the ALS ice water challenge!
- Faith was Brave Oak in the school musical version of Peter Pan!
- My hubby and I decided to take a spontaneous family weekend getaway to Callaway Gardens. It was an incredible experience!
- I scoured Pinterest and found some really cute DIY ideas for my daughter’s 8th birthday party this year. The theme was Frozen. We had snowmen water, snowmen marshmallow pops, snowmen noses, reindeer treats (mixed fresh fruit), Anna and Hans sandwiches, snowmen arms, and of course, cupcakes! We also enjoyed making Olaf t-shirts! 🙂
- We were able to go to Hilton Head for my hubby’s job-related banquet and spend the rest of the week there with my in-laws! We rented a home by the beach, and had an absolutely AMAZING time!
- My girls and I discovered the awesome Farmers Market! We are so spoiled from having such great, fresh foods,tasty breads and popcorn!
- My hubby and I were able to see both Faith and Grace off to their first day of third grade and kindergarten!
- We were able to see our baby girl, Madison walk for the first time at her first birthday party!
- Faith and Grace were able to take ballet classes and perform in the winter recital! We are so proud of them!
- Lastly, we were able to spend Thanksgiving with my family in South Carolina, and Christmas with my in-laws in Virginia.
As I reflected on this past year, I realized that my good moments definitely outweigh the bad ones! I had forgotten about so many wonderful things that happened. My goals for 2015 are to:
1) Keep God first.
2) Enjoy and appreciate my husband and children.
3) Take appropriate risks to benefit my family, and to further develop my character and personality.
4) Live in the moment, love everyone, and laugh often!
2014 has been great for me, and I hope it has been for you, too. I can’t wait to see what awesome things are in store for 2015! I hope you and yours have a happy New Year!